Re: Frame to HTML numbered list conversions

Subject: Re: Frame to HTML numbered list conversions
From: LDurway -at- pav -dot- com
To: claritydocs -at- earthlink -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:30:32 -0500

Howdy,

In the File > Utilities > HTML Setup tool (or directly in the HTML ref
pages, if you configure it that way), modify the settings for the numbered
list paragraphs: set them to simple paragraphs, not lists, and set "Include
Autonumber" attribute to "yes" (or "Y" or whatever it is). You may have to
tinker with your CSS file for these paragraphs, changing text-indent &
margin-left to get the margins right. I don't think you can get the margins
to work out perfectly because you don't get a tab stop (or the equivalent
number of spaces) between the number & start of text, but it's perhaps good
enough for HTML.

I've done the Frame-to-HTML conversion thing a good bit, but I'm about to
give it up for WebWorks Publisher by Quadralay. If you have $900 bucks to
spare and want real WinHelp or HTML Help (or other help) made from your
Frame books, I strongly recommend it. In 3 days with WWP I produced better
help than I could after weeks of tinkering with Frame's Save As HTML gizmo.
This is just my opinion. Others may disagree.

BTW, for Frame Users resources, see http://192.41.29.42/

Lindsey