OT: Word Numbering

Subject: OT: Word Numbering
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- lynx -dot- dac -dot- neu -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:57:09 -0400

I have two problems that I need help with:

1. I have a Word style for a numbered list. We are continuing to develop
the template that we use, so that I occasionally open a new document using a
newly revised template and import a current document into the new document
by clicking Insert > File, etc.

When I insert a file into my new document, all of the numbered lists are
continuously numbered. I have to go into each list and reset the list
manually to restart numbering.

Question: Is this the famous bug I've heard low rumblings about? Is there
any way to work around this?

2. When I click File > Print > Pages in Range and then type something
like "11-33", to indicate the page range I want to print, Word 97 prints the
entire document. Is this another bug?
I've got Que's Word Secrets book, but the instructions in this book are
exactly what I am doing? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you answer this, could you send a copy to bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com also, so that I
can have it at work? I cannot read this news server at work.

Bonnie Granat