RE: Repeating a figure (was "Forward" referencing)

Subject: RE: Repeating a figure (was "Forward" referencing)
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Techwr-L Listerv'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:49:35 -0700

Wow. It never even occurred to me that anyone would be suspicious of
anything evil. My thought was more that readers might be perplexed,
wondering if there was a difference between the figures that they missed or
if the second occurrence was a misprint.

-- Meg

From: Metzger Karen [SMTP:Metzger_Karen -at- prc -dot- com]

My thought is--don't be ridiculous.

Should it matter? Is a user going to become suspicious of the
author's
motives or agenda if they suddenly realize that they are looking at
the same
figure as another one elsewhere in the manual? Will they begin to
fear a
massive plot afoot to send them subliminal messages by forcing them
to look
at the same figure multiple times?