Re: Describing jumpers

Subject: Re: Describing jumpers
From: Jan Axelson <jan -at- lvr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:00:37 -0500

I would say:

"Jumper pins 1 and 2," which is the terminology I've always heard and used.

If you want to be more specific (for users unfamiliar with jumpers), say "Slide
the jumper block onto pins 1 and 2." I would also include a diagram.

I would make the table something like this:

Jumpers for Selecting an Interface
Interface Location A Location B
232 1-2 open
422 open 2-3
485 open 2-3

This way, users can select an interface in the left column and quickly see how
to set the jumpers.

>I am not sure about the proper terminology or wording to use when describing
changing jumpers.

>Also, I am doing a table showing combinations of jumpers.

>Does jumper 1-2 clearly mean set the
jumper on pins 1-2. How about *1-2 jumpered*?

Both of these are OK, in my opinion.

Jan Axelson
jan -at- lvr -dot- com

Previous by Author: OT? NT4 op sys - Any Probs
Next by Author: Re: daisy chain versus daisy chaining
Previous by Thread: Re: Describing jumpers
Next by Thread: making help from Japanese

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads