Subject: Summary: What do you call this?
From: "Julie Comstock-Fisher" <julief -at- pdainc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l posting address'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:52:44 -0500

The votes are in. The thing you append to somebody's
name is a suffix, according to the majority of the
people who answered me.

Suffix: 6
Title: 2
Generation: 1
Pretentious crap: 1
Seniority term: 1

A couple of people pointed out that the information
preceding the name (Mr., Miss, Ms., Dr., etc.) is
the person's title. At least one person distinguished
between generational information (III, Jr.) and titular
information (M.D., PhD) following names. One person
voted to call educational/job stuff an appellation,
instead of a suffix or title.

I think our developer is not that picky--any information
following somebody's name is going to be a suffix. I'll
have to ask him if he's made a provision for people with
more than one suffix. :-)

Julie Comstock-Fisher Documentation Manager
julief -at- pdainc -dot- com PDA, Inc.
I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.
-Gilda Radner