Can't find some markup tools in Acrobat 4

Subject: Can't find some markup tools in Acrobat 4
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:07:49 +1000

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I've just started using Acrobat 4
(wow! what an improvement over v3).

I'm trying to add a text annotation and use the line, rectangle and ellipse
tools to mark up a PDF file.

These tools do not appear in the toolbar, even though the online help says
they do. My toolbar does include some of the annotation tools, such as the
notes tool and the pencil tool. I cannot figure out why the others aren't
there.

Can some kind Acrobat guru please help me? Do I have to re-install? If so,
do I have to do something special (like a custom install) to get all the tools?

Thank you!

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia: Travel site http://www.avalook.com.au/
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au