RE: do alarms always sound?

Subject: RE: do alarms always sound?
From: Christi Carew <infinity -at- yourhead -dot- com>
To: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:14:38 -0700

>Generically, an alarm warns you. I agree that "go off" is not a good phrase.
>What about:
>"You can configure an alarm to warn you when a metric fails."
>or "You can configure an alarm to warn users when a metric fails."
>
>Though I agree with someone else who inquired: "How can a metric fail?"
>
>Jane Carnall

FYI... the metrics we test can fail because the user sets acceptable min
and max values for each particular metric. Mind you, I did not choose the
term metric. I've been working here about a month and I came into this
project well toward the end.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Christi Carew
Sage Instruments