Re: Diagramming syntax variants in C functions

Subject: Re: Diagramming syntax variants in C functions
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com>
To: Andy -dot- Kubrin -at- tanner -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:35:22 -0700

At 05:42 PM 9/22/99 -0700, Andy -dot- Kubrin -at- tanner -dot- com wrote:
>...Should I use brackets to show the variant ...
>or should I just present two alternate syntaxes...?

Akshully, both (or all) alternatives should appear within the
brackets, separated by vertical bars, so:

LTransform
typedef struct {
LPoint translation;
[LOrientation | LOrientation_Ex99] orientation;
LMagnification magnification;
} [LTransform | LTransform_Ex99];

I've checked three manuals on my bookshelf for confirmation.
1. StarTeam (StarBase Corp) -- disclaimer, I wrote this one.
2 ClearCase (Atria, now Rational Corp)
3. Windows & Dos User Guide (MicroSoft)

HTH!

-Sue Gallagher http://pw1.netcom.com/~gscale/susanwg/
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com http://www.expersoft.com

The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate. --Douglas Adams