Re: Distribution of Information

Subject: Re: Distribution of Information
From: Susan Seifert <susan -at- lisco -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:52:39 -0500

At 2:07 PM -0700 9/15/99, Kalpana Thakar wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I would like your opinion on the following.
>
>If you are told to create a user manual and online help for a
>particular product....what information would you put in your online
>Help and what information in your user guide?
>
>Regards,
>Kalpana.

I generally put procedures (all the 'how to's' in the User's Guide, and try
to keep it as brief but complete as possible. I copy the User's Guide in
the online help, abbreviated if necessary (for instance, if I'm using
something like RoboHell--and that is not a typo), and include all the
reference material in the online help.

Regards,

Susan

Susan Seifert