Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?

Subject: Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?
From: "Josee C. Morel" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:03:10 GMT

Gord Deyo said: "Almost everyone knows what a Technical Writer is and does."

You are lucky. When I say I am a Technical Writer, the person usually nods slowly and then winds up saying something like, 'So what exactly is that?'

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

I don't see why we need to have one title. We don't all do the same thing. Who cares? How many managers have you met who don't have any subordinates? I've met a handful. I don't think it really matters besides making job searching and resume/cover letters easier. I thought we liked challenges!

I am ready for the next topic. :-)

JM - Junior Anglophone Technical Writer / Technical Communicator / Documentalist or just plain 'doc-producing machine'