Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?

Subject: Re: Technical Writers or Information Developers?
From: "George Hinman" <techwriter -at- my-deja -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Josee C. Morel" <jcmorel -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:14:49 -0700

I say, change the title of the "Software Developers."
I stay on as "Technical Writer" and they receive the new title of "Code Writer", after all, many software developers may simply be writing the code for a program they didn't design, just as I write the manuals for a program I didn't design.
On second thought, why not let people use the titles they feel most satisfied with?
techwriter -at- my-deja -dot- com