OT Summary {RE: OT help w/ Word and Excel 97}

Subject: OT Summary {RE: OT help w/ Word and Excel 97}
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:16:07 -0400

Hallo:

I received one answer, from David Knopf.It provided a solution. David
suggested copying the cells in Excel and using Edit|Paste Special in Word.

<OT> This worked, because Paste Special let me choose to paste the cells as
an object! Of course, for some reason, Word would not include any columns
that did not fit on the page at first. What I mean is, the table in question
was large and my plan was to bring it into Word and resize it: shrink it
down. unfortunately, Word was clever enough to recognize some stuff didn't
fit on import and thoughtfully cut the offending columns out of the object,
so resizing didn't help cos the info was not there! Thanks Microsoft.

So, I had to work with the Excel tables to prepare them for Word import, and
am now done. Thanks for the help, David.

Now, why won't my iteration of Word97 SR-2 import PDFs as an object. What's
this out of memory error B.S.?

<Minor OT Rant> Of course, this project is late. It happened this way. I
have other projects on my plate. Three weeks ago I estimated that this job
would take 8 hours. Friday, at 2 pm, I received an e-mail saying this job
was attached and to have it done by 5. Ha. I had something else to do by 5,
so I said no way (in a politically correct, diplomatic way that reflects my
stature as a lead technical writer <vbg>. I also replied that I couldn't get
it done by 5, anyway, because I needed 8 hours. I further asked the sender
to resend the files because I didn't receive them (the sender forgot to
attach them). So, at 4:45 I got an e-mail from the sender. Instead of
sending me the needed files (I had planned to get the job done at my leisure
over the weekend), the sender copied my boss and stated I already had the
files. Ha! I'd had a witness when the e-mail arrived (someone working on the
other job with me <g>). The sender was unreachable all weekend and got me
the files today at 9. It took me 8.5 hours to get the job done and I missed
today's 5pm deadline, too. Great. Arrrrrgh. Time to go home. </Minor OT
Rant>

Thanks again, David.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com