RE: Squashed egos... it ain't pretty!

Subject: RE: Squashed egos... it ain't pretty!
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- flexicom -dot- com>
To: "'Murrell, Thomas'" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:17:33 +0100

Thomas Murrell writes:

"So, let me ask you all a question. When was the last time you thanked
the
people who write the reference material you use everyday in your jobs?
Ever
drop a note to the dictionary editors or the thesaurus editors or the
style
guide writers or the help creators for the software you use in your
job?"

Well, never...but then neither do I drop Microsoft a line thanking them
(ha!)for Word.

What I do do is thank every SME and every developer who helps me when
I'm researching and writing my material. I thank the reviewer for their
effort, and I even thank my co-writers for proofing my stuff.

I think that's just polite...and I expect the same courtesy back.
(Course, reality doesn't all meet my expectations, but that's another
story.)