Blasphemy - - Callouts

Subject: Blasphemy - - Callouts
From: "Tristan Bishop" <claritydocs -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:26:57 -0700

Dear Aces,

I know it's blasphemy, but callouts were definitely easier in MS Wierd.
(Sorry, sorry. Don't throw produce. I know everything else is better in
Frame) Forgive me, delete me, I'm evaluating Frame, I lack the FM Manual,
online help, etc and I couldn't find the answer in the archives, help me Obi
Wan Kenobi's.

In Frame 5.5.6 for Win, I want to make a "callout" that contains a cross
reference to a numbered step. So here's what I did:

I drew a circle
I filled it with yellow
I drew a yellow arrow from the yellow circle to my ref-imported screen
I made a text frame over the yellow circle
I created a paragraph tag called "StepPara" that was the right text size for
the text within the Circle graphic
I created a X-ref called "Step" that automatically adds Step <$paranumonly>

So, now it looks great and it auto-updates when the corresponding Step
number changes. Great. The challenge is, how do I group this monstrousity
and copy it to other parts of the document.

Tristan Bishop