onsite vs on site

Subject: onsite vs on site
From: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- Aegonusa -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:29:44 -0500

When used as a noun, which is correct - Onsite or On Site? For example, "The
staff is on site." Or "The staff is onsite." I have seen it both ways and
would like to know if one is more correct than the other and why. I can find
no particular rule other than if it is used as an adjective or adverb.

Thanks
Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com <mailto:vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com>
Technical Writer