Is there an official term?

Subject: Is there an official term?
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:04:26 -0500

I write for a bank holding company. The tellers use PC-based software to
run monetary transactions, and toggle to 3270-emulation mode to run
inquiries and perform maintenance.

In the "old" days, when I used a quill pen, and ink that I made by
boiling bark and old shoes, we used CRTs and inquiry and maintenance
functions were performed on CRT screens. We still use the term "CRT
screens" to refer to the 3270-emulation mode.

I think that, if the terminology is not outmoded today, it probably will
be by tomorrow at 3:00. Is there some sort of official term for these
screens? If not, consider this a naming contest; all entries considered;
not many fabulous prizes.

Jo Baer

Senior Technical Writer
TCF Financial Corporation
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Tell me what you need, and I'll
tell you how to get along without it.

Previous by Author: Re: preface questions
Next by Author: Re: ADMIN: Update and response to request for information
Previous by Thread: RE: techwr-l digest: October 10, 1999
Next by Thread: RE: Is there an official term?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads