WebWorks Help vs JavaHelp

Subject: WebWorks Help vs JavaHelp
From: Steven Brooks <sbrooks -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:38:55 -0700

We're trying to choose between JavaHelp or WebWorks Help, and I'd like
to hear what current users of those systems recommend. I'm comparing the
two because they are the only UNIX and NT -compatible HTML help systems
supported by Frame+WebWorks 2K.

For you JavaHelp users: I believe JavaHelp is optimized for Java
applications, whereas our application is C++. Would that pose a problem?
Plus, our initial probing suggests that it's kind of a pain to create.

For you WebWorks Help users: I'm wondering how dependable this system
is, given its newness. We already encountered some bugs while using the
eval copy of WW2K.

Much obliged,
-Steven Brooks
A|W Documentation