Re: What do technial writers think about Adobe InDesign?

Subject: Re: What do technial writers think about Adobe InDesign?
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: "Michael Shepherd" <shepherd -at- sirius -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:28:35 -0700 (MST)

InDesign is intended to be a "Quark Killer" and as such competes also with
PageMaker.... it's a page-layout program for brochures, magazines,
newspapers, etc.

InDesign is not, however, a structured publishing system a la FrameMaker
or Interleaf.

The last I heard, Adobe intend to roll the features of Pagemaker into the
InDesign system -- but I could be behind the times.

Regards,
dan'l

At 12:10 AM -0700 10/24/99, Michael Shepherd wrote:

>I'm a student doing a research project about InDesign.
> I would also like to know if anyone thinks that Adobe will replace
>either FrameMaker or PageMaker with InDesign as their premier page layout
>program.

Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid

"Leveraging Institutional Memory through Contextual
Digital Asymptotic Approximations of Application Processes
suited to utilization by Information-Constrained,
Self-Actualizing Non-Technologists."

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link
http://www.vr2link.com Performance S u p p o r t Svcs.