RE: Frame to WW2K, hiding autonumbers or making them conditional

Subject: RE: Frame to WW2K, hiding autonumbers or making them conditional
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 08:43:15 -0400

[Bill says:] Create two heading structures in Frame using the two
conditions.

> 2: If this isn't possible, can I get Autonumber text to be conditional
> from within Frame?

[Bill says:] You can give it a try, but I don't think it will work (at
least not easily - never tried it.

> 3: And, if this can be done, can I get Webworks to automatically show
> certain Frame conditions and not others? (I tried setting the Webworks
> output to the "Reference" condition in the Webworks properties box, but it
> didn't work. Webworks displays whatever conditions I have set in the most
> recent save of the Frame files. I'd like to save the Frame files with
> only
> the "Training" condition showing and have Webworks generate HTML with only
> the "Reference" condition displayed)

[Bill says:] Should have worked. I think you need to have both conditions
turned off in Frame and then have WWP recognize the one you want. Try
playing with the conditional text show/hide in Frame and generate the book
in WWP using different scenarios.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Inc.
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>