RE: Frame to WW2K, hiding autonumbers or making them conditional

Subject: RE: Frame to WW2K, hiding autonumbers or making them conditional
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:09:21 -0600

> 1: Can I prevent Frame autonumber text ("Lesson 1", etc) from appearing
> in
> my Webworks HTML output? I'd like to display the Lesson titles and Figure
> titles in HTML, but not the Lesson and Figure autonumbering.

If you're using a unique style for these paragraphs, you can modify the
style macro so it only picks up the text. Typically, these styles use $DATA.
You should be able to eliminate the number by adding an argument to the
$DATA; macro. Try $DATA(raw); instead. If this doesn't work, try $PGFTEXT;.

> (I tried setting the Webworks
> output to the "Reference" condition in the Webworks properties box, but it
> didn't work. Webworks displays whatever conditions I have set in the most
> recent save of the Frame files. I'd like to save the Frame files with
> only
> the "Training" condition showing and have Webworks generate HTML with only
> the "Reference" condition displayed)

Remember, to set properties for an entire project, you need to select the
top object in the tree. If you set properties on a specific file, it will
onlt affect that file. I've had no trouble using WWP to exclude
conditionalized content from a project, and I use this feature extensively.
When I've set the conditional text options on a project, I haven't noticed
any problems with the output.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Bill Burns - Eccentric Technology Consultant
International Communications Design & Development
billdb -at- ile -dot- com
Y2K Complacent