RE: Repeating Steps Task

Subject: RE: Repeating Steps Task
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:34:03 +0100

---

FWIW, I tend to look at itterative parts of a procedure the same way that I
look at programming. If the reader should perform the conditional steps at
least once, then I write in 'post-conditioned' mode. That is, the procedure
is something like:
2. blah blah
3. blah blah
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have entered all your transport
requirements.

However, if the reader may omit the conditional steps entirely, I write in
'pre-conditioned' mode. That is, the procedure is something like:
2. If you have transport requirements:
a. blah blah
b. blah blah

For me, the flow seems more logical.