TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
1. From the Main Window, select Tweak to access the Tweak Log Window.
2. Select a Thingy in the "Thingies" combo box. The Tweak Log Window
software displays the current Thingy value in the "Current Value" text box.
3. Tweak the Thingy. For more help with tweaking Thingies, see Section 3.
4. Type the Thingy value you want to use in the "New Value" edit control.
5. Click OK. If you enter an a Thingy value that is too high or low, the
program displays a message box. Click OK. In the Tweak Log Window, the
program highlights the value you need to change. Change the value and click
The program saves your changes and grays out the Thingy entry in the combo
box, then displays an empty Tweak Log Window.
6. Complete steps 2 through 6 for each Thingy you want to unwhomper. The
Tweak Log Window closes after you tweak the last Thingy.>>
Just a suggestion: Instead of adding extra words by writing "The program
displays...," why not shorten and simplify by saying, "The such-and-such
appears." This way, what the user sees (a message, for example) is the
subject of the sentence, not the object, and you shorten your text
Sr. Technical Writer
kfield -at- stellcom -dot- com