Re: What would you call this?

Subject: Re: What would you call this?
From: "Murrell, Thomas" <TMurrell -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:16:54 -0500

> My question: what do I call these? I've just been using "area" and "tab"
> temporarily. I can't think of an application that has exactly the same
> structure so I can't compare it to anything directly.

Sometimes I have found it useful to put some kind of a graphic in the
documentation with various areas of a screen labeled. The user can refer to
this example graphic and see what the "whatziz" area is and where it is
located on the screen.

In general though, I would agree with those who have suggested that you
stick with easily recognizable terminology. If it looks like a tab, even if
it is in a different place from most screen tabs, I would call it a tab.

Good Luck,

Tom Murrell

Previous by Author: Re: Icon background color
Next by Author: RE: Web development rates
Previous by Thread: RE: What would you call this?
Next by Thread: JavaHelp vs. Interhelp

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads