RE: What would you call this?

Subject: RE: What would you call this?
From: "John David Hickey" <dave -at- toonboom -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Angela Hill" <ahill -at- wwg -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:13:12 -0500


> My question: what do I call these? I've just been using "area" and "tab"
> temporarily. I can't think of an application that has exactly the same
> structure so I can't compare it to anything directly.

I think if they look like tabs, the user's will know that you are talking
about tabs. As long as you use "tabs" consistently, the user will adapt
fairly quickly.

But if "tab" is still no good, how about "panel" or "pane"?

Nah... Stick to tab. It works...
Be seeing you,

John David Hickey
Grand Poohbah of Documentation

ToonBoom Technologies
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?
Tel: 514-278-TOON (8666)
Fax: 514-278-BOOM (2666)
Pag: 514-205-9209

Their site:
My site:

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

Previous by Author: RE:question about UK
Next by Author: Insert Watermark in a Master page in Frame
Previous by Thread: Re: Re: What would you call this?
Next by Thread: Re: What would you call this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads