RE: Tech Comm Portfolio

Subject: RE: Tech Comm Portfolio
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:50:44 -0500

I think the best argument for not using a term like "information designer"
or "font nudger" is that the person doing the hiring isn't familiar with
those terms. The people who do the hiring know what a technical writer is,
so I continue to call myself one. *Everyone's* job descriptions are
expanding; as long as our peers have a fairly good idea of what we do, I
think it best that we still answer to the same name.
Justin Cascio