RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited

Subject: RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- glhec -dot- org>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:56:56 -0800 (PST)

You are supplying lunch...PB&J sandwiches...the only
difference is that they are making their own.

Seriously...the original thread started from someone
who already had the time committment...it was just a
question of what to do during that time.

Besides...I've worked with some of the busiest and
most harried programmers...and BECAUSE they were under
this amount of stress that something as silly as this
actualy is welcomed at times. They ARE human, ya
know...and some of them even like to do fun silly
things once in a while.

--- "Backer, Corinne" <CBacker -at- glhec -dot- org> wrote:
> No, but I have a group of programmers here who are
> incredibly busy and
> harried, and if I tried to take an hour of their
> time to do something "cute"
> like this, they would walk out within 5 min.
>
> I think it's a great idea - in some situations. At
> my corp., I'd have to be
> much much more to the point and direct - no time for
> games.
>
> my .02
> Corinne

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard