RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited

Subject: RE: peanut butter and jelly - revisited
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Katie Kearns <kkearns -at- cisco -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:40:26 -0800 (PST)

Shoot...instead of using a language called C++, we use
a language called English.

If you screw up the punctuation in C++, the project
won't run properly. If you screw up the punctuation in
English, the instructions won't run properly

Our advantage is that our compilers won't choke on an
incorrect word once in a while.

There are syntax rules for both, a specific vocabulary
for both, etc.

Some of us are just better English language
programmers than others.

> Tech writing is very much like programming, if you
> think about it. But,
> just keep it to yourself. We don't want a weird
> argument over that simple
> observation on my part.
>
> -Katie
> Technical Writer (Intern)
> Cisco Systems

BTW...congrats on your company's stock performance and
earnings release last night...a few more like that an
I'm buying with your stock :-)

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard