Open Explorer from a hyperlink in a Word document

Subject: Open Explorer from a hyperlink in a Word document
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:27:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...

I'm creating a Version Descrption Document for my
department and one of the sections in the document is
called Release Inventory.

Release Inventory is a list of the files that comprise
the file set of the application when released. This is
an internal application and this inventory of files is
on our network drive.

Anyway, right now, I include the list by opening the
directory in Explorer and capturing as an image, the
list of files in the directory. I also place the path
where they can go to to see the most current list of
files.

What I would LIKE to do is place a hyperlink that when
clicked from within Word, will launch the Win98 File
Explorer and show the live directory. I don't want to
launch or load a file, but rather just show the list
of files in a subdirectory.

My question...what is the syntax that I would need to
use to launch Explorer when all Word97 will allow me
to do is point to a specific file and open that file
in anther application.

Thanks

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard