RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?

Subject: RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?
From: "Nancy Smith" <smithcds -at- ici -dot- net>
To: <Jim_McAward -at- pittway -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L, a list for all technical communication issues'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:53:26 -0500

I give the verbal peanut butter sandwich (not PBJ)
to see how an applicant thinks.

What's the stapler test? I'm a software writer and
would be VERY frustrated at being asked to describe
a 3-d object like a stapler or explain how it works!
I would probably beg the interviewer to give me a
software-related test! Ask me about databases or to
do something with a flowchart -- but spare me the
hardware!

Nancy Smith

Visit us on the web at www.scriptorium.com

smithcds -at- ICI -dot- NET
$subst('Email.Unsub')
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-
Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources
and info.