RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?

Subject: RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?
From: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- epicor -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:48:40 -0800

I'm inclined to think that if I don't believe in the worth of writing tests
that I probably don't want to work for the type of company that gives them.
If I like to dress casually, I probably don't want to work at a place with a
dress code. Sure, there are "too many unmeasurable characteristics", but
that is all the more reason why employers need to draw the line somewhere.
Certainly if the company is worth working for, they won't judge completely
on the written test. Regardless, the prospective employer can do anything it
legally wants to. Why should they care if we think it's fair or not?