FW: What alternatives are there to "Information Mapping"?

Subject: FW: What alternatives are there to "Information Mapping"?
From: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- epicor -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:17:20 -0800

Maybe if you took an extra, oh, 2 seconds you could have read the table
headings, too. That way it would have taken you 5 seconds to find the
correct info, still an improvement.

I bet the Info Mapping sales pitch comes across as somewhat of a con to some
people, especially considering the cost of their seminars. But you wouldn't
really know unless you have been there.

I agree that Info Mapping can't be applied to everything, as they claim. But
even if "nothing can be made more simple than it is", that doesn't mean a
difficult task has to be presented in a difficult way. Good presentation
doesn't imply oversimplification.

And yes, a lot of the methods are common sense. A lot of writers must not be
using theirs.