Famous Technical Writers?

Subject: Famous Technical Writers?
From: GJS <g_jay_s -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:51:16 -0800 (PST)

The First Technical Writer

Moses was the world's first technical writer. During the forty
days and nights he spent with the Lord on Mt Sinai, the Lord
explained creation:

Lord: "To power the sun, I created a thermonuclear furnace
800,000
kilometers in diameter."

Moses: "What's a thermonuclear furnace?"

Lord: "A thermonuclear furnace uses sustained nuclear fusion to
convert matter into energy."

Moses: "What's nuclear fusion?"

Lord: "It's a chain reaction between the atoms within the
matter."

Moses: "What are atoms?"

Lord: "Oh, never mind that. Just remember that there is enough
energy in a pound of coal to generate 10,000,000 watts for 2,000
years.

Moses: "What are watts?"

Lord: "Look!, let's put is this way, when your descendants
invent
electricity, it will cost about 6 cents per kilowatt hour. At
that rate,
kilogram of hydrogen will produce $100,000,000 worth of power!

Moses: "Oh, OK, now I get it." And Moses wrote "Lord said Let
there be Light."

=====
Glen Strom
g_jay_s -at- yahoo -dot- com