RE: Famous Technical Writers

Subject: RE: Famous Technical Writers
From: "George F. Hayhoe" <george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:03:44 -0500

Although he sold insurance before writing his first
best-seller and has never worked as a technical writer as
far as I know, my vote would go to Tom Clancy. His gift for
explaining technology is truly amazing, especially in his
early novels before his contracts apparently specified that
he be paid by the pound for final manuscript drafts. ;)

IMHO, _The Hunt for Red October_ contains some of the most
brilliant technical prose I've ever read.

--George Hayhoe (george -at- ghayhoe -dot- com)

George Hayhoe Associates
Voice: +1 (803) 642-2156
Fax: +1 (803) 642-9325
http://www.ghayhoe.com

Winner
APEX '99 Grand Award for Publication Excellence

Awards of Distinguished Technical Communication
South Carolina/Carolina Foothills STC Chapters
1998-99 Technical Publications Competition