RE: Green-skinned witches (was; Controversial storytelling)

Subject: RE: Green-skinned witches (was; Controversial storytelling)
From: "John David Hickey" <dave -at- toonboom -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Michaele Maurer" <motherkali -at- XPANDABLE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:20:08 -0500

Greetings!

> >John--If it's any comfort, as a child, I never thought of anyone as a
> >"witch" except those Halloween black costumed pointy-hat green-skinned
> >people.
>
> Oh-ma-gawd...Do any of you Americans remember Witch Hazel, that marvelous
> Warner Bros. cartoon character? A *comic* scary witch who thoroughly

Yes! And every time she zipped off anywhere, a flurry of bobby pins would
clatter to the floor. They didn't use enough of her in the early cartoons.

However, there are too many things about the Baba Yaga that already make her
a facinating fun character already. The mortar she rides, driven by the
pestle, and her tracks covered by the broom. The hut on rooster legs. The
three horsemen of dawn, day, and night. Egads... So much to remember!

All the same, it'd be fun to build a story around Witch Hazel.

"hanSEL? HANsel? hANsel? haNSEL?"

> hedge-witch

Huh? What kinda witch is that? Do you have an unnatural skill with a set of
garden clippers?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal Storyteller's Guild

ToonBoom Technologies (Technical Writer)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?
http://www.toonboom.com

"The moral of today's story is irrelevant." - Yakko Warner of Borg
Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.