Contractors: Would you do this?

Subject: Contractors: Would you do this?
From: Tammy Sudol <AWrite -at- total -dot- net>
To: "Techwriter List (Post)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:51:08 -0500

I'm wondering what the contractors and consultants, on this
list, think about this:

I was asked to write a document entitled, "The Methodology
for Creating On-line Help" for a perspective client. The
client would be hiring me to modify their existing on-line
help (3 week assignment). While I wrote the document (7
pages), I felt kind of funny about having to provide this
detailed information before I get the contract. I have not
yet met with them as they are about 5 hours away by car.
The client would be flying in to meet with me.
Additionally, I have only seen their software through their
web site (demonstration screens) so the methodology was of a
general nature.

I was also asked to provide references.

This is the first time in 2 years (as a consultant) that
I've been asked for something like "a methodology". What
are your thoughts on this?

--

Tammy Sudol
Absolutely Write! Inc.