FWD: How long to wait after an interview...

Subject: FWD: How long to wait after an interview...
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:07:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around the list and noting lots
of details about terms, processes, etc. It's extremely
interesting plus, I can learn the lingo a bit by reading how you
converse.

My concern is this: I interviewed for a position recently over
the phone. I felt that the interview went well and I answered
his questions promptly, but without sounding too arrogant. I
then heard back from. He wrote that the decision was delayed
due to.....and that I would hear back from him soon. It has
been almost a week since that email. How long should I wait
until I write, call, or should I just drop it.
I know I'd make a great TW. I've taught English for 8 years, am
writing a newsletter for the teachers in my district, and
I'm completely fascinated with technology; I have been learning
to program in C, C++ and VB. The tools like RoboHelp and
FrameMaker are a bit difficult to learn on my own, although, I'm
considering buying Frame.

Anyway, so my next chance to interview is in June. Otherwise, I
need to interview now for a start in January. It's easier to
leave a school in January or the summer. HELP! Is this to be
expected in the business (TW) world? I usually have heard from a
school within days.

Forwarded anonymously on request. If you want the
original poster to see your response, you must reply
to the TECHWR-L list. All direct replies to this
message are automatically discarded. Contact Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com with questions.