Re: budget proposals for startup company...

Subject: Re: budget proposals for startup company...
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Campbell, Art" <artc -at- northchurch -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:27:57 -0500

The poster is in an impossible position. Writing a business plan is an
art. Errors can result in liability for the company. Typically, an
experienced business plan writer who is any good will charge between
$5,000 and $10,000, depending on the complexity. The budget projections
should never be prepared by anyone without experience. There simply is
too much room for error. There are also sources for industry standards
that need to be consulted to ensure that critical categories are, at
least accounted for. One classic example I have seen was a small airline
that somehow omitted salaries and payroll overhead for pilots. I could
go on, but you should get the point.

Peter

mailto:pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com