Re: ArborText: what's your take on its Word to XML conversion?

Subject: Re: ArborText: what's your take on its Word to XML conversion?
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:06:01 -0500

FrameMaker +SGML will do much the same job. My problem with ArborText has
nothing to do with its capabilities. It has a good reputation for that. But
it isn't useful for anything else but SGML, which to my mind is an
unreasonable limitation unless it's being used in a large-scale SGML
environment. At least Frame can be used for other functions as well, such as
single source.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com