RE: Your Inner Brad Pitt: Team Building Nonsense

Subject: RE: Your Inner Brad Pitt: Team Building Nonsense
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:08:10 -0500

To add my voice to the unanimity, at my last place of employment, we had the
very best team building exercises: we *built software together.* Whoa, yeah,
I know, radical concept. We also had volunteer events like Habitat for
Humanity and Adopt a Road, and one time my team went to an ice hockey game.
I saw those more as an opportunity to get to know socially the people at the
office. Honestly, the people I worked with that I wanted to know socially
I'd already had a beer with. Any amount of corporate-sponsored schmoozing
wasn't going to change that, and it's not my employer's place to play
matchmaker.

Justin Cascio