RE: Team Building

Subject: RE: Team Building
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 99 12:11:22 -0600

Joy Brady related some of her team building experiences.
<snip>
My co-worker said, "That's stupid." I still enjoy monthly dinner with my
co-worker. She described the following for this year's "retreat" just last
month:
They each had to take a stick from the forest. Then decorate it with glitter,
yarn, shells - whatever Iago brought. They had to carry it with them at all
times. Each stick represents its maker. At night, they had to circle a bonfire
holding hands and then throw their sticks into the fire. Iago said that this
group self-immolation would represent their bonding. One member was
reluctant, saying, "Isn't this kind of creepy?" The secretary whispered to
her, "Just throw the d%#$ stick in the fire and let's be done with it." The
staff relented and tossed their totems. BC smiled tearfully and asked for a
group hug.
<snip>

Jeez, no one broke out into a resounding chorus of "We are the World"? I
thought all Team Building exercizes ended with that or "Kumbaya". How
disappointing. <g>

regards,
from jarnopol
with tongue stuck firmly in cheek