RE: Team Building

Subject: RE: Team Building
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 99 11:19:18 -0600

Sean Brieley wrote:
<snip>
>Similarly, in tech writing, maybe taking the SME out for a beer because they
>did a particularly good job or were helpful (or vice-versa) counts as team
>building. Maybe recognizing that the SME put long hours into the project
>up-front and the writer put long hours in at the end of the development
>cycle is team building? Maybe saying "hallo" in the morning, or sharing a
>lunch break . . .?
<snip>

I use a more blatant method. I bake cookies, brownies and cakes and make sure
the people on whatever project I'm working on know where to find them. And if
they are tied up in a meeting the morning I bring the stuff in, I leave a
baked good, with a business card of course, on their desk.

But saying hello in the morning works too!

have a great Thanksgiving break Listers.

jarnopol