Team Building

Subject: Team Building
From: "Robert E. Garland" <robert -at- jtan -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:01:33 -0500 (EST)

My favorite memory of team building was an incident at the big U - a
computer manufacturer. Our pubs team in rural New Jersey was 20 members
strong. Corporate sent some touchy-feely folks out to make us a team
with their team building workshop.

We carefully explained to the TB folks that the team they needed to
build was not one that was entirely tech writers. Each writer was on a
different project, and needed to bond effectively with developers,
testers, and their managers. The TB folks just did not get it. They
persisted in following their script. The all-day session ended before
noon when the tech writers revolted and told the TB folks to go home
while they still were able. In that sense, we were a team long before
the TB folks appeared on the scene.

--
Robert Garland Amateur Radio Station NX3S
Hilltown Township Bucks County Grid FN20ii