Communication/Etiquette Training (was RE: numbering in styles in word)

Subject: Communication/Etiquette Training (was RE: numbering in styles in word)
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: "'Rashmi Sethi'" <rashmi -at- its -dot- soft -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:14:09 -0500

This is a very interesting project. Could you give some more details? I'm
not really sure what you're asking for-- seems you'd draw the scenarios from
real-life. Are you training an internal group, where you already know that
the class is made up of, for instance, WidgetMaster phone support people?

I recently took a one day class on verbal communication in the workplace
(one of those seminars they send the problem children to, if you know what I
mean) and we did some role playing. Basically the instructor would let
whoever had volunteered to participate in the role playing lead the
scenario, based on experiences they'd had at work where they didn't know how
to handle the situation. Then you can solicit responses from the group with
questions like, "What would be a good response to <whatever>?" and gently
guide them toward some positive solutions.

Justin Cascio