Long headings in FrameMaker

Subject: Long headings in FrameMaker
From: Joel Basart <joel_basart -at- INETCO -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:35:23 -0800

Hello, I am having a problem with several very long headings in my manual,
which make the TOC badly formatted
and run into two lines, instead of one. I know there is a way to get around
this, I just cannot find it in the FM
Manual, nor does anyone at work know. I was hoping someone out there could
help, or I may have to chop these
headings, somehow. Below is an example of what I mean from the TOC:

Add a Terminal
5-14
CLNP Host DSP or Terminal AME assignment based on source
(Terminal Call Address) 5-15
CLNP Host DSP or Terminal AME assignment based on destination
(Service Call Address) 5-17
Add outgoing call support
5-19
Service Operation
5-21

The entries above and below are fine, it is just a little too long, and
cutting the heading would mess up the flow of
the document.

Joel Basart

"Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is research."