RE: WORD styles example with information mapping?

Subject: RE: WORD styles example with information mapping?
From: "Ed Nixon" <ed -dot- nixon -at- LynnParkPlace -dot- org>
To: "'Nyre, Valerie'" <valerie -at- maas -dot- de>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:46:42 -0500

Well if you are looking for a Information Mapped Word template, i.e.,
capital 'I', capital 'M', you should enrol in one of their courses.

You receive a software tool called Formatting Solutions as part of the
process. However, a good deal of the functionality of Formatting Solutions
is derived from VisualBasic (for Applications) macros which are hidden well
away as proprietary functionality.

Alternatively, if you understand the concept of document type in the sense
of DTD, there are some prototypical SGML DTD's to be found of one of the
Information Mapping web sites in Europe. I'm sorry I can't remember which
one -- Danish or Scandinavian, I think. If you understand the DTD syntax,
you can perhaps use it as a model for building your Word template.

From a cost standpoint, however, it would probably be cheaper to take the
course and get the software. Unfortunately, taking the course is the *only*
way to acquire the templates, however.

...edN