Master document

Subject: Master document
From: "Edwin Skau" <eddy_skau -at- mailcity -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 21:45:14 +0530

Hey in here:

I've been plucking my hair out over the master pages shmages dodad in Word 97.

1 Does it really work?
1.1 Is there a site that has info on how it works?
1.1.1 Has Bill gates EVER used a master document in his LIFE? (I guess not he still has his hair on).

I NEED

1. To get my chapters numbered sequentially.
2. Create a Table of Contents

Can't be too much to ask. I'm as Quarker, and this is my first project with Word. Woulda whipped its ass myself, but as I'm in a hurry, I need help.

I've used common templates, and tried individually numbered each chapter first "continous", then even started the subsequent chapters with the last page of the previous chapter +1.

No SUCCESS

Before I start working on bodily hair, please help me out.

Eddy.