Unprofessional possessive

Subject: Unprofessional possessive
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Techwr-L Listerv'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:16:09 -0800

Hello all --

A question has come up concerning the use of the possessive in technical
reports. The author maintains that it's unprofessional to use the
possessive. So instead of writing "the pilot's head" we should write "the
pilot head". The second sounds like pidgin to me. (Me take pilot head and
bash with rock.)

Me hope for you comments.

-- Meg