What to call a guide accompanying an SDK?

Subject: What to call a guide accompanying an SDK?
From: "Leslie Johnson" <custcomm -at- cadvision -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:18:29 -0700

Peter wrote (snipped):
>>What would you call a guide or manual accompanying a software
developer's kit? <<
I'm posting to the list since I think it's probably something that we've
either come up against or will come up against.

Hi Peter,

While it does seem strange, it does usually have a name. We just finished
one early this fall called "Softwarename SDK Guide". We had exactly the same
questions you do, so we asked the programmers (who, after all, were the ones
who would be using it). They *unanimously* chose that particular title. And
we asked 7 of them!

I don't know if your user's group would select the same name, but you may
want to run it by them.

Good luck!
Leslie Johnson
YES Consultants