RE: ethical consulting practices?

Subject: RE: ethical consulting practices?
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 22:09:06 -0500

At 09:51 PM 12/3/99 , Andrew Plato wrote:
>It looks bad when a recruiter submits a candidate to a client where the
>candidate has already interviewed. Recruiters make money from connecting
>people with jobs. If you are not willing to help the recruiter do his/her job,
>then why should they help you get a job.

The problem I see is that very few people use only a single recruiter --
and, assuming that you use more than one, you're at a major disadvantage if
more than one recruiter submits your resume to the same company. (In this
area, major companies have a standard policy of not accepting any candidate
from whom they've received more than one resume, simply because they don't
want to get stuck with lawsuits.)

For this reason, I was under the impression that ethical recruiters checked
with you before submitting your resume.