challenge

Subject: challenge
From: jmaechtlen -at- amada -dot- com (Jay Maechtlen)
To: <JEldard -at- vinca -dot- com>, "techwriter list (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:00:27 -0800

My "job" was never labeled as tech writing until about 4 months ago.
I have come to realize that I've been doing it, off and on, since '83
Fortunately, I've done a number of other things along the way to maintain
sanity.

This list has provided a view of the techwriting world and some good ideas
for growth.

Long term, however, I am pursuing some business projects entirely apart from
this.
I still need mentorship and guidance from time to time, but I'm real tired
of being scheduled by others, and of having a boss.
cheers
jay